Would you say that you know quite a lot about gingivitis and gum disease in general? Or, would you say you know a little bit but that you haven’t exactly mastered this subject just yet? If the latter better describes your current level of knowledge, then it might be time to brush up on essential details. Start off with our quiz and then move on to learning even more (and having your smile checked) during a checkup!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Gingivitis is the most advanced form of gum disease, which is difficult to treat.
- True or False: Gingivitis is not something that you can prevent. Instead, it’s something that you just have to watch for, so we may help you treat it the moment it occurs.
- True or False: When you end up with inflamed gums, it’s something that can quickly progress into a significant disease of your gum tissue, resulting in everything from recession to tooth loss.
- False. The most advanced form of gum disease is periodontitis, which is difficult to treat. Gingivitis is the first stage of this type of illness and is relatively easy to treat!
- False. You can most certainly prevent the development of gingivitis. Keeping it from happening requires you to brush twice a day, floss your smile every single day, and come see us for checkup and cleanings.
- True. Unfortunately, once gum inflammation occurs, the progression of further inflammation, infection, and the steady destruction of your gum tissue (and more) may lead to gum recession, tooth loss, and further problems.
Protect Gum Tissue By Seeing Us Consistently
To prevent gingivitis and the effects of gum disease, simply care for your smile at home and keep up with dental visits. Come in for a visit in Conroe, TX by scheduling a visit with the Dental Centre of Conroe by calling (936) 441-4600. We serve patients from Conroe, Houston, The Woodlands, Willis, Montgomery, Magnolia, Huntsville, and the neighboring communities.