Making the decision to address your tooth loss with dental implants is quite exciting. Not only will you be replacing the visible part of your tooth but also your roots for incredible stability. While you may feel certain about your decision and the treatment’s benefits, you may not feel quite so sure about what to expect once your smile is complete. Wondering how much you really know about caring for your implants? Test your knowledge – you will find that maintaining your restored smile is not the big task that causes some patients serious concern.
Dental Implant Care Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: Caring for your dental implants is very important – you can still develop problems like gum disease even though the materials are artificial.
- True or False: You will need to purchase a specialized toothbrush made just for dental implants.
- True or False: Your daily hygiene and visits to see us will continue just as they were for your natural teeth – caring for your dental implants is quite simple.
Quiz Answer Key
- True. Your implants will not end up with cavities but the living tissue around them is still susceptible to damage. Keeping the area free of plaque and debris is essential in preventing periodontal disease and potential implant failure.
- False. We will still suggest that you use a soft-bristle toothbrush on both your natural teeth as well as your implants for successful results.
- True. You will still need to brush twice a day and floss at least once daily. We may show you some special accommodations for easier flossing but for the most part, you will continue to practice the same daily care and visit us once every six months.